ANC Members Comments

Comments: 38
  • #38

Kevin B (Tuesday, 11 August 2020 06:51)

Just want to say I miss the dojo and all my fellow students! I pray we get back soon!

• #37

David H (Thursday, 09 July 2020 21:40)

Hopefully soon .. sensei cliff and joe will keep us advised as to the reopening

• #36

Yehuda W (Thursday, 09 July 2020 18:28)

Are we back soon? If so, when?

• #35

David H (Wednesday, 08 July 2020 16:39)

Time to wake up and fight our way back ...

• #34

David H (Wednesday, 08 July 2020 16:36)

Hello everyone i pray Everyone is doing well . Looking forward to training real soon , i hope Everyone has continued exercising and moving around.. keep yourself healthy i hope Everyone comes back to the dojo .. don’t give in to fear . Many blessings god bless

• #33

Cal Pasqua (Thursday, 25 June 2020 19:13)

Of any word on park aiki, please post, I’d love to join. Thank you. Hope everyone is well.

• #32

Rich Gonzalez (Sunday, 21 June 2020 08:15)

Sensei. Meeting at a public park shouldn't be a problem, and you shouldn't need any permit. After all, the space is open to the public. The only issue I see is the use of "weapons" .. The park and county might have its own regulations and prohibitions about doing such. Recommend asking the park administration about such activity (i.e. use of wooden sword and staff). If they do not know, recommend checking the the local police department regarding such activity. Remember to use the terms "wooden swords", and "wooden staff", "under professional supervision", "adult practitioners", "no children", and "away from crowds"... Don't just say "weapons" by themselves... Good luck.

• #31

Marianne (Thursday, 18 June 2020 18:40)

Sounds like a good idea!

• #30

Alan (Thursday, 11 June 2020 07:38)

Senseis, we could contact the Nassau’s events department for more info. We’ll probably need a permit, to be safe. The tel# is 516.572.0252. Or, phood@nassaucountyny.gov

• #29

Terry (Wednesday, 10 June 2020 12:50)

Sounds good Sensei would love to get together outside for weapons

• #28

Sensei Joe (Wednesday, 10 June 2020 11:05)

Certainly not adverse to the idea. Will the park allow us to meet? When? What would be a good day to meet?

• #27

Alan (Monday, 08 June 2020 07:38)

I was wondering if, weather permitting, we could meet as a group in a park field to do some jo kata / suburi training, remaining socially distant, with masks. Thoughts?

• #26

Sensei Joe (Wednesday, 27 May 2020 12:53)

Hope everyone is still well. The few that I have heard from are all still healthy and doing well. Please stay optimistic in your thoughts and try if possible to stay in shape Remember round is a shape.

• #25

Jeff (Wednesday, 20 May 2020 04:04)

I miss training. Can't wait till the lockdown ends and I can get out of solitary and back to the dojo.

• #24

Ruslan (Monday, 18 May 2020 22:18)

Thank you. Looking forward to coming back to the dojo. Stay safe and healthy!

• #23

Sensei Joe (Monday, 18 May 2020 12:46)

I agree with Alan that virtual training is not for me. Part of my training is the contact that I have with so many of you. Zoom classes are fine but nothing is better than the connection we have with each other. Things will be back to somewhat normal and we will have that again. In the meantime, it is our job and responsibility to our families and each other, to stay safe and healthy. Be well.

• #22

Alan (Saturday, 16 May 2020 15:20)

Sorry I’m late to this group chat. Glad to read the comments. We’re doing well here... very busy during the days. Getting out periodically and glad the weather is blooming. I have been thinking about how to train with a mask on. Aikido is a great many things, but virtual training sure isn’t one of them.

• #21

Alfred (Friday, 15 May 2020 07:14)

Wow!!! You guys touched my heart. It was a real surprise... unforgettable GIFT!!!
    I am absolutely sure we'll get together and will enjoy training for many more years!
    Miss you all.

• #20

Terry (Friday, 01 May 2020 11:58)

Hope everyone is healthy. I’m doing well. Working with all Covid patients at Winthrop but I am safe and tested regularly. Been living apart from my family to keep them protected. The volume of patients is easing up here .hope we don’t have a second wave. We were very overwhelmed the last month and a half. Miss all of you hope to get back to training soon

• #19

Steve (Wednesday, 29 April 2020 16:35)

Hi everyone! Miss you all and can’t wait to get back to seeing you and training with you again. Glenda, the girls and I are well and the girls are working hard with remote/virtual school. No word yet as to whether or not the remainder of their school year will be back to school at some point or just virtual. I’m guessing virtual. At least Cappy’s has curbside pickup. I’m almost out of bourbon again. For those not feeling well - get better soon. Stay safe everyone and hope to see you sooner than later.

• #18

Sensei Joe (Sunday, 26 April 2020 14:49)

As we enter another week of quarantine, want everyone to know that most of our members are safe and are as well as can be expected. A few have symptoms and a few have tested positive but are doing well. Please keep in touch with one another as we are trying to do. Please do not post any personal information about others on this site. If you have information to share , please call me directly.
    Stay safe and be well

• #17

David H (Saturday, 25 April 2020 12:49)

Hello to all ! Hope everyone is doing ok , Michele and i are Doing ok waiting for all this to pass .. looking forward to getting back to training as it’s become so much apart of my life .. i miss it . Be well ..

• #16

CLIFF (Thursday, 23 April 2020 14:19)

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the rest. I have put the monthly dues payments on hold for the month of May. Like others, I look forward to getting back on the mat!

• #15

Vitaliy (Wednesday, 22 April 2020 23:50)

Hi everyone. I am missing you guys. I still working every other week, but this week I stay home make me very bored. I can’t wait to get back to aikido.

• #14

Ruslan (Tuesday, 21 April 2020 18:11)

I have seen more contents during this month than over the past 2 years. There are good shows and documentaries on Netflix, Smithsonian channel, Disney+ and Udemy online courses. There are also some artist giving their concerts while staying at home. In case anyone's interested - https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/one-world-together-at-home-music-moments/

• #13

Sensei Joe (Friday, 10 April 2020 18:36)

We have gone thru multiple bottles of prosecto in the past few weeks. I am bored also and Dorothy is just bored with me. Can't blame her.

• #12

David Kayzermann (Friday, 10 April 2020 09:53)

Hi everone. I am with you Dave, same here. At least able to buy alcohol. Hope everybody is ok

• #11

David Hernandez (Friday, 10 April 2020 00:27)

I’m going stir crazy �.. how’s everyone else hold up ??

• #10

Sensei Joe (Thursday, 09 April 2020 18:29)

Just like Ruslan says, I can’t wait to get back to aikido and the wonderful group of aikido people at ANC. Hoping everyone is staying safe staying. Watch your mai. (Distance )

• #9

Ruslan (Thursday, 09 April 2020 11:11)

Can't wait when this covid-19 outbreak is over and we can go back to our aikido classes. Please stay safe everyone!

• #8

David Hernandez (Sunday, 05 April 2020 11:13)

Happy Palm Sunday .. stay safe everyone

• #7

Oscar (Friday, 03 April 2020 19:01)

I hope everybody is doing well.

• #6

David Hernandez (Friday, 03 April 2020)

Hey David K , how are you ? All is well here ..i also Miss the training and hanging out with you guys .. Hi to Marianne glad everyone is ok .. be well ��������

• #5

David Kayzermann (Friday, 03 April 2020 12:18)

Hi everyone. I really missed you and practice .I hope everybody is doing well. Hope to see you soon, be well.
    Thanks to Joanne to set up for us to communicate

• #4

Marianne (Thursday, 02 April 2020 18:47)

Hi, Everyone -- Hope you are all healthy and being careful about social distancing. Walter and I are fine. We get to loll around all day with our two cats -- not a bad gig. Stay well, everyone!

• #3

David Hernandez (Thursday, 02 April 2020 16:17)

Konichiwa! I pray Everyone is well and staying sane ... by the time this pandemic i will be an expert in striking with the boken..

• #2

Sensei Joe (Thursday, 02 April 2020 09:43)

Hope everyone is doing well. Staying safe by following all precautions. Please share how you are doing.

• #1

Sensei Joe (Wednesday, 01 April 2020 22:36)

Thank you Joanne for setting this up so we can keep our dojo family together.